I am currently reviving capacity planning (old project Burnlog) to tie time-sheets to release schedules. My emphasis is on employee empowerment by addressing the problem of heterogeneous engagement negotiations and renegotiations in the enterprise. One tool used to address this question is redmine_taskjuggler. The emphasis is on a tooled method that can adapt to a variety of organizations.
- Any business with a projet portfolio to manage
- Software editors
- Creation of an information system and software crossing workstreams with projects and organizations
- Model and model-making framework for time accounting
- One-week prototype
- One-day per week follow-though
Advantages of this service:
- Co-variant impact mastery of one project, resource-change on other projects and resource allocation possibilities;
- Date mastery by the nature of the system;
- Data mastery by crossing resource and delivery information;
- Value mastery by incorporating financial information;
- Updated system by incorporating timesheets;
- Pre-filled-out timesheet templates;
- Sounding-board advantages for managers, workers, sub-contractors, and even potentially clients;
- Engagement tracking with sub-contractors; and,
- Engagement crossing between team managers and project managers.
This service therefor :
- Rationalizes the creation/production process with a common language/work breakdown structure between entities;
- Brings tranquility to employees, sub-contractors, clients, and managers;
- Objectifies the dates that are mathematically given rather than guesstimating;
- Reinforces confidence with the objective dates that reflect reality and allow for finer-grained arbitration; and,
- Is compatible with the state-of-the-art of different methodologies: PMI, CMMI, and, yes, Agile!